Archive for immigration for children

John Buda

John Buda

Guest post by Immigration Attorney John Buda
Buda Law Group

Approvals of an I-130 after filing for a K3.  USCIS approves the I-130 and the NVC drops the K non-immigrant visa in the process.
What happens to the Children over 18?

Mr. Buda welcomes your questions in comments below.

My name is John Buda.  I am an immigration attorney practicing in Los Angeles, California.  I am writing today to help clarify a complicated and clumsy part of the immigration code that deals with K4 children over 18.

As most readers of this blog already know, a K4 visa is the “derivative” of the K3 visa that is issued to the spouse of a US Citizen.  The K3 is issued to the spouse in order to allow the spouse to travel to the United States to join the US Citizen spouse, and change their status to that of permanent resident while here in the United States.